Thursday, April 28, 2005

Propaganda and other stuff

I'm trying to get Eti to start a podcast with me. We've gotten to the blog stage, which is a start. However, there are a few roadblocks.

1. There isn't really any good podcasting software that I know of, yet. I tried Propaganda and, frankly, it sucks like a Hoover. It's just mixing software with a few added features. And it's crippled mixing software to boot; there's not even a good way to edit clips in it. Adam Curry's people are working on this program called CastBlaster, which sounds very promising and, presumably, will not cost anything. I know that all you really need to record a podcast is a sound recording program, but I sort of used to be a DJ lo these many years ago and I need my intros and transitions and background stuff.

2. Eti needs to be convinced to do the podcast. I'm working on this.

3. I only have one microphone. It's a $25 clip-on from Radio Shack and it doesn't sound that bad. I just need one more so, you know, we can both talk. This is probably the smallest roadblock of the three.

Anyway, that's about as much as there is to say at the moment.

No comments: