Thursday, June 02, 2005

Yeah, so it's June

And TV season is over and my weeknights are suddenly so freaking unstructured. Yeah, I mean in theory I could use the extra time to read and write, and I'm trying to do that; but really, that's about as easy as trying to learn something else in the summers between school years. In fact, the reason I'm writing this right now is because I'm procrastinating working on a screenplay. The nine o'clock hour just passed and all I've watched tonight is Daily Show and Jeopardy. Shows I usually watch during breakfast or lunch (if you're handy with the Tivo, you can burn through a Jeopardy in like 15 flat). And in the words of the doctor who examined Jerry Garcia's last stool sample, that shit ain't right.

The first Charlie's Angels is on ABC right now. Tita is watching it in the living room. I think it's a pretty darn good metaphor for the summer television void. The ABC programming execs probably know it too. By airing it, they're basically saying, "Sorry, this is about as good as it's going to get for the next few months. Suck it up and wait 'til mid-September."

Thank god for Netflix.

1 comment:

Myasorubka said...

But what about such quality programming as "Summerland"? And what about Pamela Anderson's hilarious new comedy entitled "Stacked", whereupon she works in a library. That should certainlly satisfy the Frasier crowd until September when the ripe wisdom of "Joey" comes back to distract us from the suffering of daily existence.

Don't be a hater. That's all I'm sayin'.