Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I ain't no caff-fiend

It's time for me to accept reality and move on. I'm never going to be a caffeine addict, no matter how hard I try.

I used to be scared of becoming one, so I'd avoid drinking coffee on consecutive days in a row. After a while I figured, the hell with it, and drank it whenever I felt like it. By now, I end up going to Starbucks most mornings by about 10 or so. You'd think I'd be addicted. I'm not. I had a grande iced latte almost three hours ago, and I'm still jittery from it. I might as well have done a line of coke. [BLOGGER.COM DISCLAIMER: Stay in school.] Seriously, I don't want the rush. I just want to feel dopey in the morning, have my $3 drink, and feel normal again.

But I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe if I start drinking it at home, first thing in the morning, every morning, that would put me over the edge. But who wants to make coffee at home? Isn't that why Starbucks and Coffee Bean do more business in L.A. than all the kabbalah centers put together?

Anyway, I guess this means all the office pools for "Actually Complains About Failure To Develop a Chemical Dependency" are over now. Collect your winnings, anyone who picked July 13.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Testing, testing