Sunday, October 24, 2004

Game 2

Watching the Red Sox in the World Series for the first time since I was eight is pretty amazing. But you could not ask for two worse announcers than Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. Thanks, Fox, I really like listening to these aggressively bland guys you've hired, at least one of whom is an obvious Yankee fan.

And hey, I just noticed that Tim McCarver looks a lot like Michael Palin. And then I thought about how much more fun it would be to have Michael Palin announcing the game. Even if he had no knowledge of baseball whatsoever. In fact, especially if he had no knowledge of baseball whatsoever and just made witty asides for three hours.

1 comment:

Myasorubka said...

Michael Palin!! Yeah!! That would be wicked awesome. That would be enough to make me drop my fluffer-nutter and headbang to Winger. Or something.