Monday, January 17, 2005

More like Morbid.com

Last weekend, while talking on the phone with my college friend Dustin, I entered into sort of the dating equivalent of a suicide pact with him, whereby each of us has to have a date within a month or we owe the other person a ski trip. We assumed at the time that this arrangement would result in both of us registering on Match.com or the equivalent -- and I, in typical adherence to the oath of procrastination I took many years ago, waited until tonight. So now I'm looking at it, about to punch in my credit card number, when I see in big bold text:
In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate shall be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death.
I'm really not making that up. They actually feel that this is an important point to clarify. I think it's fair to say that if you die and your heirs are busy figuring out what happens to the unused portion of your Match.com registration fee, then it's probably a good thing you shuffled off this mortal coil when you did.

No comments: