Monday, September 20, 2004

The Employment Blog

Yeah, so my first day as a UCLA worker bee went pretty well. Aside from having to say "Corporate, Foundation and Research Relations" every time I answer the phone (say it fast enough and it sounds like a line from a Lewis Carroll poem), I think I'm going to like it there.

It's still a little surreal to just all of a sudden have a job and, you know, do things during the daylight hours of the day to earn money. It probably won't be long before my couch and TV show up at the office and get all in my face, like, "Dude, where the hell have you been?"

Also, I discovered a new use for a tie. At lunch, a couple drops of pasta sauce splattered themselves onto my shirt, and I was freaked out until I realized that I just needed to shift the tie over a couple inches and, voila, the stain was concealed.

Anyway.

The turntable situation was resolved today, not by purchasing a new turntable but by purchasing a DJ mixer to go between the turntable and the receiver. I don't really have room for the mixer, but it's kind of cool and it has the little rows of green lights to indicate sound levels. Whatever those are called. So I'm listening to Cyndi Lauper as I blog. (That's how people blogged in 1985. Except they blogged on stone tablets or something.)

No comments: