Sunday, September 19, 2004

An Explanation of the Title

I am bad with directions. Anyone who has had the pleasure of being chauffered by me at any time, in any city, going any place, knows this very well. Some people pick up city layouts like that: they're new in town, you drive them around for a while, they watch the street signs, and after a few days they have no trouble getting anywhere on their own. Those people are as alien to me as personal hygiene is to Courtney Love. When I lived in the Boston suburbs, I studiously avoided driving anywhere in the city because the outcome was always the same: (1) print out useless Mapquest directions; (2) get lost and drive around aimlessly for between 30 minutes and 3 hours; (3) fail to get anywhere near the destination; (4) finally stumble upon a way to get home; (5) consider myself lucky for not ending up in Wisconsin. In L.A. it's a lot easier, but that doesn't mean I don't get lost on a fairly regular basis.

Hence the title of the blog. Also, I wanted something that was only a few words and easy to remember/type in. So there you have it. Let us never speak of this again.

1 comment:

Karri Bowman said...

i might have to speak of it again in therapy.