Sunday, September 19, 2004

Records

After today's visit to Amoeba, I now have one pretty bad-ass record collection. I have nothing to play it on (the turntable I just got at Guitar Center won't work with my receiver), but I hopefully will soon.

Here are the records I bought today, in no particular order.

The Who - Face Dances
The Cars - Heartbeat City
The Pretenders - II
The Knack - Get the Knack
America - History (Greatest Hits)
Kim Carnes - Mistaken Identity
Peter Gabriel - So
Stevie Nicks - Bella Donna
Men at Work - Business as Usual
Paul Simon - self-titled
Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life
Heart - self-titled
Boston - self-titled
Madonna - self-titled, 1st pressing w/ extended version of "Burning Up"
Fleetwood Mac - self-titled
Duran Duran - Rio
Duran Duran - Seven and the Ragged Tiger
U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky (live)
Madonna - Like a Virgin
Cyndi Lauper - She's So Unusual
Blondie - The Best of Blondie

Most of these were a dollar. Some were two or three dollars; the Madonna one was $20, but for that price I figured it must be a pretty good copy. (There's a solid chance I'm wrong about that. I'll find out when I have a functional turntable.)

1 comment:

cbeck said...

Awesome finds Nick!! Some of those are records I would have payed much more for.