Friday, March 25, 2005

Commie farmers rule

I'm not at work today because it's Cesar Chavez Day. Or, the day that UCLA is choosing to celebrate it, anyway. That doesn't mean I'm going to write some balls-out 1000-word essay here, but I will share a few things.

1. There was a limo waiting outside the Whole Foods in Sherman Oaks last night. I could only think of one possible scenario to precede that little tableau: "Driver, we need some more champagne back here. And this time, it has to be ORGANIC, goddamnit!"

2. This is where I was the rest of the night. (Photo © Eti)



To paraphrase a power ballad, this show rocked me like a hurricane. I don't know how else to describe it. The Decemberists are just a fucking amazing band, great on CD, twenty times better live. (Which seems to be less and less often the case ever since that big merger between rock and ProTools.)

3. And then, this morning, I unwittingly showered with a friend:



I don't think the digital camera really does it justice. This thing was big enough to occupy Finland.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

OH MY GOD. I would die.

*scratches self* Now I'll be paranoid, ALL DAY.

Myasorubka said...

Incidentally, Paula prepped the garden for our communal farm that night. Saturday morning, Comrade Tiago and I put tomatoes in the ground.