Wednesday, March 30, 2005

This document contains no data.

That's what Blogger keeps telling me every time I try to post this. Anyway, I don't have an original thought in my head right now, so bear with me.

First of all, not that I have $250 in my couch cushions with which to buy a PSP, but if I did, this right here would give me second thoughts.

Google Deskbar is pretty kick-ass. Now you don't even need a browser to search for stuff.

The cast of the next Surreal Life: Omarosa, Janice Dickinson, Jose Canseco, Pepa (of Salt 'N'), Bronson Pinchot, and some motorcycle guy. It seems like with each season I come closer and closer to actually watching the show. Maybe this will be the one where I finally break.

Thanks to Netflix, I finished watching the first season of The Wire on Sunday. It's so good that even The Shield feels a little hokey now. I'm still watching Shield, though, because they added Glenn Close this season and it's the first good role she's had since... uh... I think I need more time.

More Netflix viewing: the "-Up" documentary series. It started with 7-Up in 1964, which was a documentary about a bunch of 7-year olds in England, and then one of the producers started stalking the kids every 7 years to see what they were up to. Right now I'm at 28-Up and it's starting to seem like they've all gotten too well-adjusted to be entertaining. But I'm sure that will change. I hope by 35-Up they're all in some cult or something.

Coming soon: hardwood floors in my apartment. Finally an answer to the question that has been lingering in my head for much of my adult life: "Why can't I rollerblade from the kitchen to the bathroom?"

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

oooh..I think I remember seeing 14-up, or a bit of it and then realized I had missed the 7-up one and was like "maybe one day they will re-air them.." and now, now this! This makes me want net-flix, but alas I'm poor..so poor I can't afford anything that bills me monthly. sob sob sob.